Today I am here to share a my Journal page. This is an interpretation of my Travel and stay for last 4 months in the beautiful European cities and enjoying the British summer !!
I am playing along INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT OF ART & CRAFT ITAC 2017 and the theme is EUROPE .
I am glad to see how the page has turned out and loads of memories associated with it ,
For the first time in my life being away from my home country and exploring this new place mostly by myself sums up the fact... see the world through my eyes !
The creative inspiration and exposure that these places hold just helps you learn and grow isn't it?
Theme 1 Europe
The elements I have used are
Shades of Blue for Europe
Paper and die cuts
Texture: Gesso and embossed card stocks
Face: Stamp by Peek a boo
Letters Tim holtz stickers
For the new followers who asked me this , An art journal, is a book kept by an artist as a visual, and sometimes verbal, record of her thoughts and ideas. Art journals generally combine visual journaling and writing, to create finished pages. Every imaginable style, media and technique is used by art journalists. "Mixed media" tends to refer to a work of visual art that combines various traditionally distinct visual art media—for example, a work on canvas that combines paint, ink, and collage could properly be called a "mixed media" work.
Here is a step by step procedure on how I have made this
- I use a plain book as journal , you could even use an old diary or old magazine with thick paper so that your paint holds in .
- I started with using a good coat of gesso on my art Journal , this keeps the page ready for textures and different mediums to be used on it and gives a free flow.
- After the page is fully dried I chose to shade the whole page blue and I have used 3 shades here
- After I dried it with the heat tool the page was ready to work on it .
- I have added torn paper scraps and glued them to the page to create interest.
- I have used a dry embossed card stock sized 6x4 and added paper scraps and die cut along with the stamped girl image .
- I have added flowers and butterfly stickers till I was happy with the result
- I have used Tim Holtz stickers to make up the sentiments and love how it brings out the best in the journal.
- I have stamped the numbers as I am actually doing and grateful for each day of the stay here .
- Finally completed the page with a bakers twine ties up .
Leaving you with the pictures from Bath Spa ,
Bath is a town set in the rolling countryside of southwest England, known for its natural hot springs and 18th-century Georgian architecture. Honey-coloured Bath stone has been used extensively in the town’s architecture, including at Bath Abbey, noted for its fan-vaulting, tower and large stained-glass windows. The museum at the site of the original Roman-era Baths includes The Great Bath, statues and a temple.
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!